TLDR: Cybersecurity Guidelines for the busy
1. Keep your software up to date: Software updates patch security holes that hackers can exploit. By keeping your programs up to date, you close these holes and make it more difficult for attackers to gain access to your system.
2. Use strong passwords and passphrases: A strong password is at least eight characters long and includes a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. A passphrase is even better, as it can be longer and more difficult to crack.
3. encrypt your data: Encryption is a process of transforming readable data into an unreadable format. This makes it much more difficult for hackers to access your information if they manage to penetrate your system.
4.Use VPNs, firewalls, and other security measures: Virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and other security measures can help protect your system from attack.
5. Backup your data: Regularly backing up your data helps ensure that you can recover from a breach. If your data is encrypted, be sure to store a copy of the encryption key in a safe location.
6. Be vigilant: Despite all of the above precautions, hackers can still find ways to get into your system. Stay alert for signs of an intrusion, such as unusual activity on your network or strange messages from your computer. If you suspect that your system has been compromised, take action immediately to mitigate the damage.
7. Know your industry, as someone who’s part of an art auction startup in Singapore, artworks.vc, I have to keep up to date on Crypto cybersecurity attempts – you never know when might be your turn.